Solar PV experts at Solarplaza.com ranked copper/indium/gallium/selenide (CIGS) thin film photovoltaics modules by their efficiency.
TSMC came out on top, with its TS-150 CIGS module hitting 13.8% power conversion efficiency. Miasole also struck above 13%. 6 companies, including Q-cells, Nanosolar, Solar Frontier, and others, had efficiency at or above 12%.
All of the top 10 modules boasted efficiencies over 11.4%, with efficiency not falling below 10% until the 20th ranked module, from Jenn Feng.
|Manufacturer||Module Efficiency||Module Type|
|3.||Q-Cells||12.70%||Q smart UF 95|
|6.||Global Solar Energy||12.60%||PowerFLEX BIPV 300W|
|7.||Yohkon Energia||12.30%||YEC 200-160|
|8.||Nanosolar||12.00%||Nanosolar Utility Panel|
|10.||New Energy Solutions||11.40%||NESI-CIGS|
Visit Solarplaza.com for the full top-25 list of CIGS modules.
- Flexible 5 Meter CIGS Based PV Laminate from Ascent Solar
Ascent Solar Manufactures Light Weight Flexible 5 Meter CIGS Based PV Laminate...
- Q-Cells SE Expands Product Portfolio With Innovative PV Solutions
- Innovative PV solutions, from solar cells to modules and photovoltaic...
- List of Eligible SB1 Guidelines Compliant Photovoltaic Modules – Updated September 2010
Updated as of September 7, 2010 Updated as manufacturer’s provide laboratory-tested data...
- Industry News – 16.11.2011
U.K. Solar Sector Protests Dramatic ‘Illegal’ Slashing Of PV Feed-In Tariffs Abrupt...