- AROUND €40 MILLION INVESTMENT AT INTEGRATED PRODUCTION SITE IN NANJING
- DOUBLING OF DISPERSION CAPACITY TO 120,000 METRIC TONS PER YEAR
- NEW PLANT FOR POLYVINYL ACETATE SOLID RESINS
- EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER AUGUSTE WILLEMS: “THIS INVESTMENT WILL STRENGTHEN OUR POSITION AS ONE OF THE WORLD’S LEADING MANUFACTURERS OF POLYMER DISPERSIONS AND GUMBASE RESIN”
Wacker Chemie AG is expanding its Chinese polymer activities by investing around €40 million in building two new production facilities at its Nanjing site. As announced by the Munich-based chemical group today, it is expanding the site’s existing facilities for vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer (VAE) dispersions by adding a new reactor with an annual capacity of 60,000 metric tons. This measure will double Nanjing’s VAE dispersion capacity to approx. 120,000 metric tons per year, making the complex one of the biggest of its kind in China. The new reactor is scheduled to come on stream in mid-2013. At Nanjing, WACKER is also building a new plant to produce polyvinyl acetate (PVAc) solid resins with an annual capacity of 20,000 metric tons. This plant is due for completion in early 2013.
WACKER’s Nanjing site: this fully integrated plant manufactures VINNAPAS® dispersions and dispersible polymer powders as binders for sectors such as construction, coatings and adhesives.
The new production facilities will give WACKER sufficient long-term capacity to meet the strong demand for VAE dispersions and PVAc solid resins in the Asia-Pacific region. As a result, it will be able to continue offering its customers there consistently high delivery reliability and product quality in the years ahead. The main application fields for VAE dispersions lie in construction, coatings and adhesives. PVAc solid resins are used in industrial applications and to manufacture gumbase.
“These expansion measures are necessary to keep pace with our customers’ robust demand for top-class VAE dispersions and high-quality polyvinyl acetate solid resins in the future,” explains Auguste Willems of Wacker Chemie AG’s Executive Board. “By expanding our integrated site in Nanjing, we will strengthen our position as one of the world’s leading manufacturers of polymer dispersions and gumbase resin.”
WACKER’s fully integrated plant at Nanjing already produces vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer dispersions and dispersible polymer powders for the construction, coating, adhesive, and other industries. By bundling its Chinese polymer activities at a single site, the company expects to gain decisive advantages and synergies – achieving economies of scale through a common infrastructure and energy supply. Additionally, it will be able to enhance its transport and logistical efficiency.
- Canadian Solar and Fire Energy Announce 60MW PV Modules Supply Contract
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) has announced today that that it...
- Yingli Green Energy Announces New and Improved Warranty Terms
Yingli Green Energy recently announced new and improved limited warranties for its...
- Yingli Green Energy Enters Into a Supply Agreement with IBC for Supply of Up to 200 MW of PV Modules in 2012
Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE), a leading solar...
- MY Signed EPC Contracts for 125 MW Wind Power Projects In Bulgaria And Shipped First Batch of Wind Turbine Generators
China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Limited (NYSE: MY), a leading wind...