News Overview 21.01.2013

2013 Could Be a Make or Break Year for Algae Fuel

IMS Research: PV inverter warranty and after sales service dictate purchasing decisions

Valued PV inverter warranties and after sales service are key reasons for installers purchasing decisions, according to a survey undertaken by IMS Research, a part of market analytical firm IHS. News Overview 21.01.2013

MicroTech launches thin film solar PV process tool line

MicroTech (Fremont, California, US) has launched a new wet-process product line designed for high throughput processing of thin-film solar photovoltaic (PV) cells, which can process an array of PV cells on a single substrate. The MicroTech TF 1200 tool can process substrates up to 2 meters in size. MicroTech notes that the tool also offers low water consumption, effective particle filtering and a modular design.

PV, CSP supply 4.3% of Spanish electricity generation in 2012

The Electricity Network of Spain (REE) reports that solar photovoltaic (PV) technology supplied 3.0% of electricity generated in the nation over the course of 2012, with an additional 1.3% supplied by concentrating solar power (CSP). This is the highest percentage of CSP generation in any nation to date. Together, solar electric technologies supplied a total of 4.3% of Spanish electricity in 2012, second only to Germany and Italy.

Solar Demand Outlook: Europe – Applications, Regional Demand Drivers, Incentive Programs, and Market Forecasts announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Solar Demand Outlook: Europe – Applications, Regional Demand Drivers, Incentive Programs, and Market…

US clean energy economy needs comprehensive policies, warns report

America’s competitive position in the global clean energy market is at risk because of increased competition abroad and uncertain policies at home, warns a report by the Pew Charitable Trusts. News Overview 21.01.2013

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>